“It takes a village to educate a child”
In realisation of the above famous African proverbs, I believe you cannot develop by your self.
What gain I have, it’s because of sacrifices from many people. I am thus obliged to participate towards building and strengthening my community. I do so through:
- Being active in my home village education development – in particular improvement of school environment (classrooms) and learning.
- Community involvement through church and other local institutions
- Serving in boards such as:
- Harambee Secondary School – a ward school in rural Kilimanjaro (Machame North Ward)
- Agape Lutheran Junior Seminary – my alma mater- located in Marangu (rural Kilimanjaro)
- Café Africa Tanzania – promoting and enhancing the coffee sector through stakeholders’ platforms – for the interests of smallholder farmers.